Donate to the Library
Making a donation to the Fairfax Library Foundation is a simple and appreciated way to make a difference for Fairfax County Public Library. Thank you for considering a donation to the library.
You can make an online donation to quickly have a positive impact on the library.
A onetime donation is a simple and easy way to give to the Foundation and help enhance your library. Through our mail-in gift form you can donate using a check, money order, or credit card. It is quick and easy to fill out and makes a huge impact on Fairfax County Public Library.
Checks should be made to Fairfax Library Foundation and can be mailed to:
Fairfax Library Foundation
12000 Government Center Parkway
Fairfax, VA 22035
Whether big or small, all donations make strides toward library enhancements and improvements in Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax.
If you want to continuously make a difference for Fairfax County Public Library by generously contributing to the Foundation, consider signing up for recurring gifts. On the gift form, simply check the box for the duration of time you wish to make the recurring gift and determine the amount of each donation. This option allows our dedicated supporters to save themselves time and to make a lasting impact with their donations throughout the year.
There are many reasons to consider a planned gift:
- A Planned Gift helps you maximize the personal benefits of your charitable giving, while allowing you to make a gift that you may not otherwise think possible.
- Planned Gifts are a way to make a significant gift, while enjoying the benefits of charitable incentives that have been placed in the federal tax laws.
- Planned Gifts are a valuable tool for sharing your resources, while enhancing your financial situation and security.
Honorarium or Memorial Gift
An increasing number of donors choose to honor or memorialize a special friend or family member by making a gift in their name. For instance, two patrons recognized their grandson’s 5th birthday with a gift to purchase children’s books. Another family set up a memorial fund through the Foundation to honor the memory of their father, a bibliophile who enjoyed countless hours researching and reading books at Fairfax County Public Library.
At your request, the Library Foundation will mail a gift card to that special family or individual in whose name a gift to the Library Foundation is being made. This type of special donation makes a unique and thoughtful gift for a wedding, graduation, or any occasion.
Write for more information about memorializing or honoring a loved one while helping to underwrite important library programs.
Donate Your Vehicle
Donating your car, truck, van, SUV, boat, motorcycle, ATV, RV, trailer or airplane has never been easier! Learn more about the simple process here.
Gifts of Appreciated Stocks, Mutual Funds and Bonds
Gifts of long-term appreciated securities have the same positive benefit to the Library Foundation as a gift of cash, but are more beneficial to you. Gifts of appreciated securities are an excellent source for creating a Charitable Gift Annuity. Learn more here.
Other Ways to Give
You could also take part in in these additional giving options with the Foundation:
- Payroll deduction is convenient and easy. Simply contact your employer to enroll in a giving campaign. The Foundation’s designation for United Way is 8906, the Commonwealth of Virginia Campaign is 08189 and the code for the Combined Federal Campaign is 89943.
- Employee Gift Matching Programs are offered by many employers. If your employer participates, they will provide the required form to increase the impact of your generosity. Our Federal Tax ID number is 54-1722709.
- All or part of your Virginia tax refund may be contributed to the Foundation by noting the amount on line 28 of the VA Tax return and completing Schedule ADJ. The Library Foundation’s Contribution Code is #205501.