Strengthen Your Community this Holiday Season
Dear Library Friend,
On behalf of Fairfax Library Foundation staff and board, Happy Holidays! In this time of giving, you may be thinking about your favorite local charities. When you donate, you help worthy nonprofits to execute activities that raise up our community. You may already be familiar with the programs of Fairfax County Public Library that Fairfax Library Foundation supports. And the reason for all these charitable activities? The people we serve.
This year donations to Fairfax Library Foundation will benefit:
- The toddler learning pre-reading skills while reading 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten;
- The preschooler from a low-income family who gets their first picture book to take home and keep at a Ready to Read storytime;
- The preschool-age child who doesn’t have a home, but will receive a literacy bag in the shelter—a brand new population we are serving this year;
- The teen first-time offender who will learn valuable life lessons while completing a book discussion program in Changing Lives Through Literature instead of going through the probation system;
- The neighbor new to this country who wants to improve their English-language skills;
- The book clubber who picks up tips to improve their club at the Book Club Conference;
- The parent who keeps kids learning over the summer with the Summer Reading programs in their library branch;
- The library volunteer applying to colleges who relies on scholarships to make education affordable;
- The library patron who loves reading a diverse selection of books and audio books from the library collection.
We are only able to serve these individuals, and thousands more, thanks to the support of community members like you. We hope that you will consider Fairfax Library Foundation while planning your holiday giving. Your gift will have a profound impact on the individuals in our community who rely on library initiatives that are only possible with funding from Fairfax Library Foundation.
With deepest gratitude,
Director of Development
Enhance Your Library, Strengthen Your Community
Make a tax-deductible donation:
- By phone at 703-324-8300
- Through the mail. Checks can be made payable to Fairfax Library Foundation and sent to: Fairfax Library Foundation, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Suite 329, Fairfax, VA 22035
Become a Sponsor: Receive recognition and other benefits for your support.
Honor or memorialize a loved one with your gift.
Leave a legacy gift (wills, trusts, estates).
Donate a book through our Amazon Wish List. Be the first to check out the book you donated.
Shop via our AmazonSmile portal.
Donate your car or other vehicle. The process is easy for you.
Participate in the Library Jubilee, the Foundation’s premier fundraising event.
Stop by a book sale hosted by a library Friends Group.
Volunteer at the Foundation or the library.
Write to your county supervisor in support of the library.
Our Wish List
Here are examples of what your gift can do to support the library:
$25 funds the participation of 10 or more children in the 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten initiative
$50 provides a literacy backpack to a child in a Fairfax County Homeless Shelter
$100 purchases new English Language Learning materials for our immigrant neighbors
$500 funds a special performance for families during the Summer Reading program
Donate today to enhance the library!
To learn more, contact us at 703-324-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Pingback: Enhance Your Library in 2018! - Fairfax Library Foundation